Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Intolerance of Tolerance


I’m posting something that is highly controversial, but I’m not sure why that is. I mean, most people the world over would agree that this is happening today, yet it was written 2000 years ago. These same people think the guy who revealed it back then is irrelevant to today’s world. It was said that when these things happen, you’ll know you’re living in the end times. It’s no wonder the folks living 2000 years ago thought the Messiah would return shortly after His ascent. So why do the words on the pages of a book no one believes in anymore tick people off so bad? If it’s irrelevant and falsified information, then why do people fly into a fit of rage when they read the words I have posted here? What is it about this passage that cuts to the core of a person’s hurts? Does the Creator of the Universe who, by the way, could cut off your oxygen supply in the blink of an eye, not have the right to pass moral judgment on behavior that repeatedly spits in his face? Do you ascribe authority to yourself such that you can disallow him to simply say, “Here’s why this is happening.” At least he didn’t write you off as too stupid to understand the reason. Do you think “it foolish to acknowledge God?” Do you “know God, but refuse to worship him as God or even give him thanks?”

Why are you mad at me for posting this? It’s not the Koran or other doctrine telling people to massacre stadiums full of innocent people or rape their women and call it marriage. In fact, I didn’t even say these words in the photograph. And the guy who revealed these words is the same one who said you have free will to despise Him if you want, because He doesn’t want to be loved by anyone who is forced. He only said these things are the consequences of your choices to handle your hurts in a destructive way without Him. Just like cold is the absence of heat, and dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of God.

You know, if my kid was running out in front of a car, I would do everything I could to stop him. And if that didn’t work, I’d lay down my life in the path of that car if it meant my child would be spared. Think about it……………..



1 comment:

  1. I changed the title of this post to better fit the heart of the matter. I cannot condone what the Lord condemns. Jesus loved all people but not sin. That is the example I strive to follow.

    ReplyDelete