Tuesday, December 7, 2010

There's a miracle in your lunch box

Sunday, the sermon at church was about the miracle of the fishes and the loaves. A boy heard that Jesus was in town and wanted to see what it was all about. He packed a lunch (since they didn't have Quik Trip or McDonald's) and set out for the day. He didn't know the possibilities of what lie ahead, yet Jesus knew what the kid had packed. The kid didn't pack a caravan to feed the many thousands. He was responsible for feeding himself so that's what he packed for.

I have my responsibilities cut out for me. It is more than enough. Giving God my lunch sack/basket containing a little book called Healing Letters is all He needs to perform healings, transformations and miracles. I'll always remember my conversation with Him one night on my way home after a counseling session. I mentioned it in the book. He said, "I need you to write the letter to C&M. You are ready now." I look back and see it as Jesus asking the boy for his lunch. It was a vote of confidence from my Maker. He had prepared me and I had yet to find out how. And so the saga has continued for nearly 3 years now.

Will you put your bag of daily preparations at His feet and see what He can do with it? He's not out to hurt you. It's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment