Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The galley has arrived!

I received my second galley copy yesterday and will make final changes this week. When that process is finished -- hopefully by next week -- they will send it to the cover designer, which shouldn't take long. Then it's off to the printing press!

It came to my attention last night that tomorrow is the 2-year anniversary of the day I began putting on paper my ideas that evolved into this book. It began with a stack of notecards in a little black recipe box. Then I sorted the cards and noticed different themes that eventually fell under one subject heading of "Healing Letters". The book took off from there and in a matter of 5 months I had a full manuscript to work with and revise. Next to parenthood and biblical counseling, writing this book has stretched me beyond comprehension and grown me in one surprising, amazing way after another.

Yesterday, I met with the leader of our church's DC4K program and we had a very productive brainstorming session about how to integrate Healing Letters into a station. We caught the vision so now we can pray about it and share it with the other "safe keepers" in our group. I think we'll try it out for a semester and change it around until we come up with something solid for a booklet. Then we'll share it with other churches through the DC4K program. It's exciting to see the possibilities of the children's version coming into light.

No comments:

Post a Comment