Friday, July 30, 2010

How's this for a speed bump?

Yesterday, I was away from home when a midwest summer storm welled up and ate my computer with its claws of lightning! I am working from my laptop now and will have to rebuild too many files to think about right now. Overwhelming though it is, I am thankful my book was saved to a flash drive. Now if I can just find anything with my publisher's email addresses printed on it, I might be another step back into the game.

There is a very real fight in the spirit realm (see Ephesians chapter 6). I have yet to pour my heart out on the page entitled "The Main Thing" but it is there where I intend to emphasize the importance of a relationship with God before attempting to tackle your own healing letter. It is the most significant element in gaining healing from writing such a letter. God is the source of my strength when trials such as the loss of a computer come up in my life. Just as He can transform a life, He can transform a situation. I was just reading in Isaiah today where God says He will vindicate the righteous against their enemy. He didn't say He would restore to them all their material possessions and return things back to the way they had been before. He simply said he will fight on your behalf and you will live a victorious life when you are in the Lord's army and He is on your side. "He will Restore to you the years the locust has eaten." He didn't say He restores the "stuff the locust has eaten." It's the "years" God is concerned about, the reputations, the missed opportunities, the big picture beyond the "stuff".

Keep believing and praying,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment